Sunday 24 July 2011

Broadcast Assistant Assessment at BBC Radio Derby

I decided to apply for work experience at BBC Radio Derby, to build a range of experience within the media. I had also recently applied for a Broadcast Assistant job; I got turned down for both. A couple of weeks later I received an email from someone at Radio Derby asking me come in for a Broadcast Assistant Assessment. I replied that I will be attending and I was grateful for the opportunity. The day of the assessment was interesting. They spoke to us (there were about eight people there for the assessment) for a bit about the workings of the BBC and the role of a broadcast assistant. Then we had a guided tour of the newsroom and different studios in the building. We got to see the music archives of Radio derby; wall to wall records. We were all given manuals on how to use the technical equipment so we could prepare. We were told that we would be called in if they needed cover for broadcast assistants, so it just a waiting game now. But again a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment